The Comprehensive Homicide Elimination Task Force was established through Title 2B of the NEAR Act.
There are 10 mayoral appointees and 10 appointees by the Council to the task force representing the following entities:
- Government agencies;
- Nonprofit organizations;
- Educational institutions;
- Victim services organizations;
- Social services organizations;
- Religious organizations;
- Mental and behavioral health organizations;
- Organized labor;
- Criminal justice reform organizations; and
- Advisory Neighborhood Commissions.
The signed legislation establishing the Comprehensive Homicide Elimination Task Force is available here and it can also be found in the DC Code here. A complete roster of task force members is available here.
Previously convenings of the Comprehensive Homicide Elimination Task have been held on:
The next meeting of the Comprehensive Homicide Elimination Task Force will be posted here.
Copies of previous meeting agendas are attached at the bottom of this page.